Thursday, May 31, 2012

BOUNCE: Introduction

Hi folks, and welcome to the site that I have created as a companion to my book Bounce: Rap Music and Local Identity in New Orleans (University of Massachusetts Press, 2012). My main objective with this blog is to create a space where readers can listen to some of the music that I discuss in my book. I have created continuous mixes to go with most of the chapters, and will post them below. Please be forewarned that I used the "street" versions of these songs when possible; many of them contain profanity and other language that may be offensive to some listeners. If you like the mixes, check out my article on the mutually influential relationship between New Orleans rap and brass bands on Nolabounce.com... here's a link to the mix I put together to go with it:



Please check back for updates and thanks for your interest in Bounce!

2 comments:

  1. French Montana - Unforgettable ringtone download for Mobile. It's hot ringtones, latest ringtones at my website! Bollywood ringtone download for andoird, IOS.

    ReplyDelete